Write for us!
Travel and writing both sound like a bit of you? This might just be your calling! We want to hear from you and give you the opportunity to write for us, to share your travel stories, experiences, hacks and insider tips for other travel hungry readers to enjoy. After all, travel experiences and stories are meant to be shared right? You don’t have to be an English wiz or have expensive equipment, just a passion for writing and travel, as well as following our guidelines below and away you go!
We are looking for blogs including your personal experiences, insider tips, travel hacks and travel stories. We’re a travel company, so of course the content must be related to travel. Please ensure the destination you choose to write about is a destination that our tours go to. We’re also looking for the content to be well written, without typos or grammatical errors. To increase the chances of your blog or article being published, please follow the guidelines outlined below.
Please note: we reserve the right to not publish any post that doesn’t meet our guidelines and remove anything which we find has used copied or copyrighted material.
What’s In It For You?
• The opportunity to get your work published online by a global travel brand, accompanied by your name, photo and a short bio.
• Looks pretty impressive on that CV of yours, allowing for you to find new opportunities, and for new opportunities to find you.
• A link back to your personal website if you have one, meaning more traffic to your site and high quality backlinks.
• Potential for your work to be shared across our social media channels.
PLUS, YOU WILL GET…
• A £50 Travel Talk voucher to put towards any tour of your choice if your work is published.
• AND every three months a contributor will WIN* a 8 or 9 day tour to either one of the following destinations: Egypt, Morocco, Turkey, the Balkans, Jordan, Ski Bansko or Oktoberfest.
Authenticity – The content must be original and not copied from elsewhere (including your own personal blog). We love authentic content that shows a bit of personality and real, first hand experiences.
Tone and writing style – Write as if you’re talking to a friend or colleague. We’re not an overly formal brand, so the content should match our brand personality.
Audience – Our audience is diverse and mostly between the ages of 18-59. We welcome any content that offers different perspectives, experiences and viewpoints, whether it’s an inspirational story, opinion piece or advice.
Quality – Ensure a high standard of spelling, grammar, structure and format. You may use text, bullet points or numbers as appropriate.
Strive for a minimum of 500 words in you article, unless it’s a photo-story. Photo-stories must be at least 300 words and include 8 photos.
Content – The content topic you choose must be relevant to our tours and destinations. Please check that our tours go to the destination you choose to write about. External links to unaffiliated websites are not permitted.
Imagery – We require at least 4 photos to accompany each content piece, however we aim for around one image per paragraph. Use photos which you own the right to, or which are able to be shared without copyright.