The Finger Lakes region beckons with its breathtaking landscapes, world-class wineries, and charming small towns. A visit to Finger Lakes is an immersion into a tapestry of natural beauty and cultural richness that captivates every traveler.
Wine Trails: Sip, Swirl, and Savor
1. Seneca Lake Wine Trail: A Vinicultural Paradise Embark on a wine lover’s odyssey along the Seneca Lake Wine Trail. Meander through rolling vineyards, sampling exquisite vintages at renowned wineries like Dr. Konstantin Frank and Fox Run Vineyards. The cool climate of the Finger Lakes imparts a unique character to the wines, making this trail a must-visit for oenophiles.
2. Canandaigua Lake Wine Trail: A Blend of Scenery and Spirits Indulge in the scenic beauty surrounding Canandaigua Lake while exploring its wine trail. From the historic Widmer Wine Cellars to the innovative tastings at Naked Dove Brewing Company, this trail seamlessly combines diverse landscapes with a rich assortment of libations.
Natural Wonders: The Essence of Finger Lakes
1. Watkins Glen State Park: A Gorge-ous Adventure Embark on a nature lover’s escapade at Watkins Glen State Park. Traverse the winding paths through lush gorges, and marvel at the beauty of 19 waterfalls along the way. The enchanting Rainbow Bridge and Spiral Tunnel are but a few of the park’s natural wonders that make it a must-visit destination.
2. Taughannock Falls State Park: Majestic Cascades Visit Finger Lakes’ tallest waterfall at Taughannock Falls State Park. The 215-foot cascade is a mesmerizing spectacle, surrounded by hiking trails that offer panoramic views of Cayuga Lake. It’s an idyllic spot for both adventure seekers and those seeking tranquility in nature.
Cultural Charms: Quaint Towns and Artisanal Delights
1. Skaneateles: A Lakeside Gem Stroll through the picturesque village of Skaneateles, nestled along the shores of Skaneateles Lake. Explore boutique shops, savor farm-to-table cuisine, and take a leisurely cruise on the pristine lake. The town’s Victorian architecture and charming ambiance make it a delightful stop on your Finger Lakes journey.
2. Corning: Art and Innovation Collide Discover the intersection of art and innovation in Corning. The Corning Museum of Glass showcases the beauty and versatility of this ancient material, while the Gaffer District invites you to explore eclectic shops and indulge in culinary delights. Corning is a cultural hub that seamlessly marries tradition with modern creativity.
Finger Lakes beckons with a harmonious blend of natural wonders, cultural gems, and delectable flavors. Whether you’re sipping wine along the lake shores or hiking through scenic gorges, each moment in this region is a celebration of the diverse charms that make a visit to Finger Lakes an unforgettable journey into the heart of New York’s enchanting countryside.
Finger Lakes Gallery
Tours visiting Finger Lakes
Great Eastern Cities
The Grand East